There are many reason why men in their midlife lack the adequate levels of certain nutrients such as calcium, magnesium, CoQ10, ubiquinol, omega 3 fatty acids, vitamins D3, B12 and K2. Usually men with busy lives have a lot of stress which can deplete key nutrients from their body. Also processed food, lacks the necessary nutritional value in fast food. All of these can result in different diseases such as loss of bone, fatigue, sexual dysfunction, muscle mass and others. In order to boost your body muscle mass, strength, sexual function and mental sharpness taking dietary supplements of vitamins and following a healthy diet is necessary for men in their midlife.
– Vitamin B12 – involves the regulation and synthesis of DNA, proper function of the brain, eyes, nervous system and liver. Insufficient Vitamin B12 can result in depression, anaemia, fatigue, manic moods, poor memory and psychosis.
– Vitamin D3 – we get it from sunlight on the skin. Is vital for calcium, phosphorus, teeth and healthy bones. Lack of Vitamin D3 results in fracture of bones, discomfort, muscles weakness and problems in your ability to think.
– Vitamin K2 – is necessary for adequate blood clotting, to protect the nervous system from calcium deposits and to more calcium to the bones. Deficiency in Vitamin K2 results in decreased cognitive function, bleeding and bruising.
– Calcium – This is very important for the health of our teeth, bones, muscles, managing the levels of phosphates in the blood, to regulate hearth rhythms and more. Symptoms of deficiency in calcium are fracture of teeth, bones, muscle tremors, discomfort and inadequate rhythms of the heart
– Magnesium – it has a very important role in the production of energy in cells, in metabolism, bones, pancreas, immune system and the health of the hearth.
– Coenzyme Q10 – is necessary for the cardiovascular system, nervous system, brain, kidneys, liver, hearth and a healthy sperm. A lack of Coenzyme Q10 causes chest pain, high blood pressure and heart failure.
– Omega 3 fatty acids – these are found in nut oils and fish oil, suppress inflammation in cells, are vital for the joints, the heart and for cognitive function.
Always the best choice is to follow a healthy diet including fruits, vegetables, nuts, eggs, cheese, poultry, meats, fish, mineral water and freshly cooked organic whole grains. However is not easy for men in their midlife to get the necessary nutrients from diet and healthy food. Therefore is important for mature men to take nutritional supplements to increase their key nutrient levels. (By Ray Ayuso)