Turmeric has been around for more than 4,000 years and its healing properties are well documented. There are over 6,000 research and peer reviewed studies on the effects of turmeric and its wonder compound curcumin. In my own experience I used turmeric as part of my healing protocol for treating prostate cancer. I healed myself with fresh fruit and vegetables, fasting, exercise, sunshine, fresh air, meditation and not forgetting good old turmeric! The main compound of turmeric is curcumin but it is only around 3% of the root. Curcumin has the largest amount of healing properties and its intake should include some cayenne pepper or fulvic acid so as to help absorb the curcumin into the blood. This are 5 ways turmeric may help heal your body:
- Fights Cancer – Many laboratory studies on cancer cells have shown that curcumin has amazing anticancer effects. It has been proven to kill cancer cells and prevent more from growing. Curcumin has received a lot of attention lately because of it’s ability to reduce the size of tumors and to keep kill cancer cells.
- Anti Ageing – Turmeric has great benefits for longevity. With its anti inflammatory and anti oxidation effects turmeric and curcumin are not just handy for preventing and healing disease but have great properties for preventing aging and totally cleansing the body.
- Healing Wounds – When used in powder form turmeric can be made into a paste and spread over open cuts, wounds or burns. The compound is amazing for increasing the speed of healing which is why it offers great anti aging effects.
- Anti Inflammatory – Research now shows that chronic inflammation of our bodies is a major cause of all western disease. This includes heart disease, Alzeihmer’s, arthritis and diabetes. Turmeric is a very strong anti inflammatory and has been proven in tests and research to be the equal of and in some cases exceeded the healing power of anti-inflammation medications.
- Prevents liver disease – Turns out that turmeric is a natural liver detoxifier. The liver detoxifies blood by producing enzymes. Turmeric increases production of these vital emzymes. These enzymes reduce toxins in the body. The liver loves turmeric. (By Kevin McNamara)